Illawarra Legal Centre
Phone: 02 4276 1939
Fax: 02 4276 1978
Telephone interpreter TIS
13 14 50

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service. For more information, visit:

Tenants Service
Phone:02 4274 3475
Freecall: 1800 807 225
Fax: 02 42743491

The Illawarra Legal Centre is a member of the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC) and is based in Warrawong, a southern suburb of Wollongong, NSW.
Children's Court Assistance Scheme

Children's Court Assistance Scheme (CCAS)

The Illawarra Legal Centre auspices a CCAS which operates every Monday and other days as required at Port Kembla Children’s Court. The CCAS provides the following services and assistance:

altSupport to young people and their families

alt Basic information about the court process

alt Help to fill out Legal Aid application forms

alt Assistance to young people to link with their solicitor and other support workers

alt Referral to appropriate community support services

For more information, please view the: Children's Court Assistance Scheme  (small card with information and tips)


Other Useful Contacts

Port Kembla Court House: Darcy Road, Port Kembla   Phone:  4274 0735

Legal Aid Youth Hotline:  1800 101 810

Illawarra Legal Centre:  4276 1939

State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) for information on fines debt:  1300 138 118

Legal Aid - Work and Development Orders   For information about activities to reduce or get rid of fines debt.

State Debt Recovery Office - Work and Development Orders hotline:  1300 478 879

Interpreters are arranged by the court staff and need to be booked in advance.

Contact Port Kembla court on 4274 0735 to arrange an interpreter.


Helpful publications - At the Local Library:

Youth Justice: Your Guide to Cops and Court (Redfern Legal Centre Publishing)

Children’s Court Guidebook (Redfern Legal Centre Publishing)

Law Handbook: Your Practical Guide to the Law in New South Wales (Redfern Legal Centre Publishing)

Young People and Fines: Work and Development Orders – Frequently Asked Questions (Illawarra Legal Centre Inc)


Phone Advice

All initial requests for advice from the Illawarra Legal Centre should be made through the telephone advice service:


Phone Advice Times